Brotherhood of St. Andrew
Who We Are:
The Brotherhood of St. Andrew is a missionary and evangelism ministry of the Episcopal Church and Anglican Communion. We are the oldest evangelistic ministry of the Episcopal Church and in continuous service for over 120 years.
What We Believe:
- The saving grace of Jesus Christ through the Cross,
- The authority of Holy Scripture,
- The power of the Holy Spirit, and
- The fellowship of all believers.
What We Are About:
Personal spiritual growth, mutual ministry, and Christian service.
Our Parish Chapter:
- Brings other men into a deeper personal relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Is centered in our disciplines of prayer, study and service.
- Interacts with other ministries in service.
- Meets regularly under the Rector’s authority.
The Brotherhood Encourages:
- Spiritual growth
- Becoming more Christ-like
- Practicing regular, reflective Bible study
- Establishing closer relationships with others
- Developing a vision for ministry in the parish and in the wider world
- Building community among men in the parish
- Sharing one’s faith with others
- Evaluating one’s life by biblical standards
- Open discussion in small group settings
- Sharing resources for various ministries
- A ministry to men, by men
- An international network of clergy and laymen
- An outreach to others and a vision to evangelize
Holy Nativity has a very active chapter of the Brotherhood of St. Andrew – one of the largest and most active in the Dallas Diocese. We invite all men to participate in the Brotherhood.